Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Names

Well I should have mentioned this yesterday when we found out about our baby boys. We already have names picked out! Before my mom passed away I told her that Garrett and I were trying to get pregnant, yes that was over 2 years ago. She immediately came up with a name for a boy. Garrett and I both fell in love with it and new right away that it was a keeper, especially since the baby's Mimi came up with it.

Baby A will be named Blake Allyn
Blake is Garrett's middle name and Allyn is my dad's name (it is a goofy way to spell Alan I know but it is a family spelling)

Baby B will be named Jackson Bruce
Jackson has always been a favorite of mine (ever since my first viewing of Steel Magnolias many years ago) and Bruce is Garrett's dad's name. We will call him Jack.

I love both names and think they are just classic, handsome names. I can't wait to meet the handsome boys!

7 comments:

J said...

HAHA! I was just reading Ryan your post, and we're laughing because he wanted to name our next boy "Jack." We'll be looking for an alternative now, but just know that we love the names!

Jennifer said...

I love the names and I love all the updates! You are a superblogger!

The doTERRA Darling said...

Both names are so cute! Steel Magnolias is where I fell in love with Jack too! How can you not love that name after that movie!!!

Mama said...

Love the names - now you can get started on the nursery :)

Bobbi Jo said...

It was so nice to meet you at the WMOM meeting last week! Congrats again, and I love the names you have picked...I agree very handsome names. Jackson was one of our choices as it goes with our president theme. Love it!

becca said...

Well, I guess we know now why you were lucky enough to have "no morning sickness." Man, I am feeling left out with my girl on the way...I love my nephews and they are soooo fun and such little lovers! You are going to be a great mom!!! Still love the names ;-)

Allyn said...

Goofy???
Dad