I went to the doctor on Monday. With twins, it seems you have to go for these appointments more often. This one was just with the doctor but I was able to hear the heartbeats. Baby A's was 158 and Baby B's was 153. Does this mean that they aren't both boys? Hmmm. The best news was that I have only gained 2 pounds! Once again I know I won't be speaking of this in 2 months so I might as well brag now!
Now I have a bone to pick with all of my friends with kids. I have been very blessed to have an extremely easy pregnancy up to this point. But you all failed to mention to me the shear pain of ligaments stretching! I woke up at 5am yesterday morning in horrible pain. It finally went away and I was able to sleep a while longer. Around 7:30 I woke up in the worst pain in my life. I felt faint and very nauseated. I was able to move to the couch and try to rub my back. Finally I called the nurse, in tears, and told her how miserable I was. She said that since I have a small frame (yea right) I will be feeling this quite a bit as my body is making room for these babies. She also eluded to a rather large growth spurt soon to come. After taking a Tylenol and laying on a heating pad the pain eventually subsided. With any major movement though I can still feel it. It is a good thing that the babies are worth it. :)
Here I am at 14 weeks on Christmas night





7 comments:
you're doing so good - i'm very proud of you!
I find that after having these pains myself, you ask yourself before you pick up something, or bend a certain way...will I pay for this later? Today I played frisbee golf with my hubby and I intentionally didn't throw quite like I would because I was scared to get these pains again...We'll see tomorrow! Of course, I only have 2 weeks to go... Getting out of bed and helping support yourself with your elbow and not just sitting up is also something I do to help avoid these pains! Just might want to think about! See ya Monday!
Great job Ms. Kim! Mary has taught you well. Like the picture too!! I'm not sure what to tell you about the pain. I think that I forgot to tell you about that b/c honestly the pains of delivery & after are about all I can remember. The earlier days are a distant memory and will be for you soon~ I don't like to worry you though. So just remember that hopefully the day of delivery for you will be full of great meds and no pain!
Very cute blog- so proud!
Good job on your blog! I am very impressed with your documentation of your belly; you are very brave! I can't wait to get the confirmation on the gender; no matter what it is, it will be so exciting!
You look great! I hope the pain eases quickly. We can't wait to find out the gender. I was shopping this weekend and saw some great gift baskets, but I'm awaiting confirmation of boy/boy or boy/girl. Take care and ENJOY! I loved being pregnant, and it seems to suit you beautifully, too!
("J" = Jen Levy)
Love the Blog Kim. Your belly is cute! Those darn ligaments. Yes everyone forgets to tell you of those painful times during pregnancy. I fell back on my couch a few times as well!
Post a Comment