Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first Mother's Day!

This is the third Mother's Day without my mom. That is also the number of years it took us to get pregnant. So, as you can imagine, this day hasn't been one of my favorites.

Now that we are expecting two precious baby boys this day is looking better and better, starting with today. Garrett woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed. We had agreed not to give gifts for Mother's/Father's day this year because we bought a very expensive camera earlier in the year. Well, he didn't follow his own rule. He handed me a brown box that had a piece of paper in it stating that I was going to get a prenatal massage here at the house!! Then, also in the box, was this beautiful 14K gold, silver and pearl bracelet. It doesn't exactly go with a t-shirt and yoga pants, but I'm wearing it anyway. I know I've said it before, but I have the best husband in the world!!


I was blessed for 24 years to have the most amazing women in my life. She was taken away from us way too early but those years we did have will never be forgotten. I couldn't have had a better role model of what a mother is supposed to be than my own mom. She was my best friend and would be SO excited to be the Mimi of two grandsons. I know she will always be with me and my boys will grow up knowing everything about her. I am so much like her, they really won't have a choice. :) She would have been the best grandmother in the world just as she was mother!! I love and miss you Mom!

1 comment: