we will have 2 handsome baby boys!!!!
That's right, our c-section is scheduled for 10am on Thursday morning. We went to see the doctor this morning and the boys are looking great! They are HUGE!! Blake is weighing in at 5 pounds 11 ounces, and Jack is 5 pounds 9 ounces. After discussing our options, the doctor decided that taking them out now would be the safest move. Their lungs look fully developed and obviously they aren't starving.
Our doctor did say that it is best to go in with the mindset that the boys will have to spend a couple of days in the NICU. However, he also said that there is a very good chance that they will come home with us from the hospital. This has been my goal during the entire pregnancy. My other goal was to make it to June 1st. Well, 3 days shy ain't too bad if you ask me. :)
Garrett and I are just beside ourselves with excitement even though it hasn't really hit us yet. I'm afraid it won't hit me until we get to the hospital.
Some other good news is that my bed rest has become a little more relaxed. I can now eat sitting up and I can take a shower tomorrow and Thursday!! If I never sit in a tub again it will be too soon. He said I was pushing my luck when I asked if I could go and get a hair cut.
Please say lots of prayers for these precious boys and myself. I'm having some apprehensions about both the epidural and the c-section. I know women go through this every day and are just fine, but the reality of it is making me a little nervous.
Check back in on Thursday for lots of pictures!!!
How to Prepare Your Kids for Roommates
5 hours ago





9 comments:
Hi Kim!! Can't wait to see pictures of the cute boys. I found during my c-section with Patrick, that the epidural was not painful at all!! It felt kind of like a bee sting and lasts 2 seconds and then this warming sensation comes up your body. I was pleasantly surprised. I hope this helps ease some worry over the epidural. Please know I will be thinking of you on Thursday morning for a safe and healthy delivery. What a GREAT mommy you are going to be.
Hugs,
Elizabeth (Conner) Schorre
YAY! I can't wait to see those sweet boys! Thursday is almost here!!
Girl, All your pain is forgotten once you see those babies! You don't get an epidural you get a spinal. It goes up to the chest...I wrote about it on my blog - http://trout-family.blogspot.com/2009/01/baby-story-part-1.html
So excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the babies!!
Can't wait!!! Try to sleep even though it will be difficult just counting down the hours. I was nervous about all the C-section stuff too...but honestly, once you are in the actual room, things move SOOO fast. Get your anesthesiologist to take some pics for you. Those were some of the best first family pics we got, and I was in such a daze just wanting to hold her that I wouldn't have thought to get him to do it ahead of time.
I can't wait!!! You are an AMAZING mama already keeping those boys safe on bedrest so long. You'll do great with the c-section/epidural. I can't even remember mine anymore!
You've done a fantastic job! It really speaks to what committed and attentive parents you'll be. Your time in the hospital, prior to the C, will be spent in total excitement. You won't mind all the poking and prodding because you'll be so focused on the babies coming. We'll be thinking of and praying for you.
Love from the Levy fam.
Kim,
This is the most amazing, magical moment of your life!!! Enjoy it! You totally deserve it! Like Sarah said, you'll forget about it all once you hear those little boys cry for the first time. It's the best sound you'll ever hear! I'll be praying for you and the boys! Can't wait to see lots of pics! :)
Good luck tomorrow!
Brandy
Best wishes!!!
I cannot even express how happy I am for you both!!!! You guys are going to have so much fun!!!!
I hope to see some pics of the boys too.
Best wishes and God Bless.
- Andrea, Kyle, Ellie
Post a Comment