This has been a more eventful week than most. My doctor wanted me to start on a home monitoring system to measure my contractions. My fantastic (can you hear the sarcasm) insurance company wouldn't pay for it unless I went to see a high risk specialist. I don't understand how they can cover IVF but not this monitor. Anyway, Wednesday morning my dad and I were off to see a doctor that had the personality of a fence post. It wasn't a pleasant experience. Her measurements of the boys and my cervix were completely different than what my doctor has been getting. I was very confused. So, on Thursday my dad picked me up again for an appointment with my regular doctor. It was a much better experience. Everything looked great! The boys are still weighing about 4 1/2 pounds each and my cervix is the same. My dr. said that in another week or two he's just not going to care about me anymore. Meaning, that if we can make it that far I am in the clear to move about!!! He sees no reason why we can't meet that goal.
Our big milestone of 34 weeks is now only 6 days away! I will feel so much relief once we hit that point. Once we get there, there is no increased risk of mental retardation or learning disabilities.
Here I am up for a bathroom break. Please excuse the major bed head. :)





1 comment:
I am so excited the boys could be here so soon! I can't wait to meet them!!
Post a Comment