We went for our weekly appointment last Thursday and got our weekly ultrasound. I am getting so spoiled. The boys are still doing so well and growing like weeds. They weigh 5.1 and 5.0 pounds. I can't believe that I am carrying around 10 pounds of baby. Well I guess I'm not really 'carrying' around but you know what I mean. Garrett is a little concerned that our boys will never be able to balance themselves to walk. Blake has a large head, small waist, and boat feet. Whereas Jack has a small head, big waist and normal feet. Hopefully by the time they are ready to walk, all of this will sort itself out. Back to Blake's feet for a minute, they are 3 inches long!! This is apparently how long a full term newborn's feet are. I guess it is safe to say that he got his mom's, uncle's and great-grandma's feet.
I have finally been able to take a deep breath since we hit 34 weeks. I never would have thought that 5 weeks ago, when I was put on bed rest, that we would make it this far. God is working two little miracles in my belly. My cervix is getting thinner and thinner and is now less than a 1/3 of an inch long. So, these boys could really come any day. We are hoping that they choose to marinade for at least another week and a half. Dr. Rawson told us last week that our goal is no longer to have healthy babies, because we are already going to have that. Our new goal is to bring these boys home with us from the hospital. This was such a wonderful thing to hear! We go back again tomorrow to see what is going on.
Please say a prayer that these boys stay put for a little while longer. Selfishly I want them here now, but I know that what is best for them is to be just a little bit bigger and stronger. However, our bags are packed and our cameras are charged just in case!





2 comments:
Aawww! I love to see how great you are doing, I will keep checking your blog, but I am sure if the babies come before June 4th I will find out at school. God is soooo good!!
Love ya,
Cristiana
I was thinking about you guys today, knowing that it could be any time now! Can't wait to meet them.
Post a Comment