I can't believe that 4 months and 1 day ago my sweet boys entered this world. Wow how life has changed since their arrival. These 2 boys are the biggest blessings to Garrett and I and we couldn't be happier with our lives.
Sadly today was a 'shot' day at the doctor's office. Those are never any fun for baby or mama. Luckily my sweet friend, Kedra joined me to help comfort them after they were stuck 3 times each.
Blake is weighing in at 13 pounds, 13 ounces (17%); he is 25 inches long (38%); and his head is 42 1/2 cm around (45%). We were correct in the diagnosis of him having quite a large head. :) It is extra large for extra brains and sweetness! He still isn't rolling over but he is talking like crazy! Blake is such a joy and just so incredibly sweet. He has the biggest smile in the world and when he does smile, his entire face smiles. I can tell that he will probably be the silent type (like his daddy) and just take things all in.
Jack is weighing in at 13 pounds, 8 ounces (12%); he is also 25 inches long (38%); and his head is 40 1/2 cm around (6%). He is rolling from his back to his tummy constantly; however, he has forgotten that he can also roll from his tummy to his back. We will have to keep working on this. We now have to strap him in to everything because he tries to roll right out. Jack is going to be the comedian of the family, he is such a little goof ball. He gives these looks out of the corner of his eye and then a huge smile comes across his face. He is already showing signs of teething (drooling and mild fever) but this doesn't mean he is getting teeth. PHEW!!! This could last for a few months until his teeth do come in. AGH! So, Jack also lives in a bib or his clothes would be soaked.
Both boys are eating 8 ounces of formula with one scoop of rice cereal in it every 4 hours (the cereal helps with their spit up) . That makes 32 ounces a day, the most they should be drinking at this point. The doctor said we now need to start feeding them rice cereal and see how they do and then we can start to introduce veggies in a couple of weeks. She isn't concerned that it is too early for that. She said that they don't need any more liquids and if they are still hungry they need to eat solids. My babies are growing up! :( They are still in 0-3 month clothes, but slowly working their way into 3-6 months.
I know my boys are still small but I never in a million years thought they would be this big at 4 months old. Seeing as how they were just over 5 pounds at birth. I also thought that my slightly preemie babies would be behind, I had nothing to worry about. These boys are just the best and I love them so much. I now know why God made me wait so long to have a baby. :)
How to Prepare Your Kids for Roommates
5 hours ago





4 comments:
great news!!! but no, i am not ready for them to eat solids yet. they need to be teeny tiny babies for just a little longer please...
Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see their little personalities! They sound so perfectly happy and healthy. Solids can get messy. Enjoy the liquid diet for as long as you can.
Don't even worry about their size for being preemies. They've already passed up Dylan and he's over 5 mo! :)
I love that their little personalities are coming out!! So cute :-) Have fun with solids! :-( I cried when I opened the box of rice cereal!
Post a Comment