Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tummy time, bath time, football...

I keep telling myself that I have got to be better about blogging, then I won't have to do so much in one post.

My boys are just growing so much and have really entered a fun stage. They are both smiling all the time, giggling from time to time, and showing off their personalities. I have loved every stage, but so far, this one is my favorite!

Please forgive me for all the pictures, but I can't help it. I have such a hard time narrowing it down.

Tummy Time
Both boys are doing a really great job at holding their heads up. Jack is slightly stronger, but in Blake's defense, his head is HUGE! Bless his heart. Every time I put a shirt over his head it stretches out. Even shirts that have snaps or buttons around the neck have a hard time going over. Jack, on the other hand, has a very normal sized head so holding it up is not a problem.

I have been a little concerned about the flat spots both boys have gotten due to always being on their back, so we are spending more time on our tummies. I know the flat spots are very common and will go away, but being new mom, I'm paranoid about these little things.


Here is Jack watching TV, his absolute favorite thing to do. I know, I know, I'm a terrible mom.

Buster, watching over his brother.







Here is Blake working so hard to hold that head up.


Maybe if I lift my eyebrows, my head will go with it.







Bath Time
Both boys love taking a bath. They aren't crazy when we dump the water over their face, but I'm hoping that doing it will help them adjust to swimming next summer. We'll see. We got some adorable towels from Pottery Barn as a gift, here are some pictures of the boys all wrapped up. The green one is a pig, and the blue one is a cow. I know, weird color choices but still oh so cute.

Blake as a pig.





Jack as a cow.






Football
With the football season upon us, that is all that is on the TV on the weekends. So the boys can't watch their Praise Baby or Baby Einstein videos. Something tells me that they don't mind too much.
Here are Garrett and Blake watching the game.

So grown up.



Ok, now I have to preface these next few pictures. Jack LOVES the TV. If he is anywhere near it, he turns his neck so he can watch. After I fed both boys this afternoon, I put them on their tummies. This meant Jack couldn't see the football game anymore, so he started fussing. I turned his body so he would be able to see the game and he stopped crying. Then, he rolled to his side and stopped. He didn't keep rolling to his back, because being on his side allowed a perfect view of the game. I was cracking up. I would put him back on his tummy and he would do it again. What a smarty pants.
I know there is a lot in this picture, but I wanted to get Jack on his side and the TV in the shot.


This is a weird angle, but he is on his side watching away.

Will my team win?

...
Here are some random pictures. Both boys have discovered their thumbs and are starting to suck them. I'm not too happy about this because a pacifier is easy to take away when the time comes, but I can't take away their thumbs. It sure is stinkin' cute when they do it though. Unfortunately every time I try to take a picture of it, they pull it out.
Jack and Buster after what would appear to be a long day.

Jack in his Exersaucer.



Blake in his Exersaucer and Buster.



Both boys ready for church. Their feet are finally big enough for shoes! So cute!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

oh i love the cow towel! i'm so glad we got one too...can't wait to use it! i love all the pictures!

and hey, at least you have an easy way to keep jack occupied, right?

Jennifer said...

Good grief - those boys are adorable!

RuensOnTheRun said...

What cutie pies you have! Found your blog via facebook.