Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pray for these 3 families

It seems that in the last week or so I keep hearing about girls, roughly my age, having pregnancy complications or their babies have complications. It just makes me so sad. It also makes me thank God even more for the two healthy boys I have been blessed with.

This first family I have known for a long time. I grew up with Erica and then she moved to our rival high school. Her husband, Travis, and I went to high school together and even went to a dance together. Anyway, they are expecting a baby, Sam, on Oct. 1. They just found out that he has one, possibly three heart defects. Surgery is in Sam's future. Please pray for them and for baby Sam. I know God can work miracles and will heal baby Sam. Here is their blog address: www.ajourneywithfaith.blogspot.com


The second family I don't even know. A friend of mine put this blog address up on Facebook. I read and cried. This woman was diagnosed with breast cancer and found out she was pregnant around the same time. Their adorable baby girl was born on Sept. 8 and sadly the mother passed away on Sept. 22. I just can't imagine. Here is their blog address: www.bandssullivan.blogspot.com Please pray for this now widow and his newborn daughter.

Finally, this isn't a family with a baby, but close enough. I heard from a friend that I taught with in Dallas that a former student of mine has been diagnosed with leukemia. He is now in 6th grade and can no longer attend school. He is staying up on all of his school work from home. This is an absolutely amazing family that is very strong in their faith. Please say many prayers for Jack as he gets his chemo treatments. I know God will also work miracles on him and he will be healthy and playing sports again before we know it.

Sorry for such a depressing blog. I just feel for all of these families so much and want as many people praying for them as possible.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Thank you, Kimmie.

becca said...

The second family, we have been praying for as well. Sara was good friends with one of my best friends from highschool and I have been thinking about that family as she has been keeping me updated through fb :-( We too, have been experiencing the same need for prayers here in Dallas! So many families to be lifted up!! My bible study leader passed away from pregnancy complications two days after giving birth in June and I just pray for her 3 children and husband daily! Also, praying for a highschool friend's best friend http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/walkerrainey