Monday was our typical day at home so I could clean house and do laundry. I love these days because the boys are usually in their jammies all day and we can just play.
Tuesday we were supposed to go to playgroup but I had so many errands to run that we skipped out. They are usually really good but right now Jack is in a screaming phase. He isn't mad he just likes to hear himself scream. It is really annoying and really embarrassing. Oh, another phase is that the boys think it is funny to gag themselves. Jack enjoyed doing this in the car, after dumping all of his Cheerios out of his snack trap. I really thought I was going to lose my mind. That was a day that I wished Garrett were home, so I just had a glass (or two) of wine when the boys went to bed.
Wednesday we had Bible study where I ran into an old family friend. She isn't old, but our families' friendship is. :) It took me a second to register who was staring back at me but it was great to see her. I hope to see her again this week. We came home, napped and went outside to play. I tried to get pictures of the boys in front of our pumpkins but things didn't go as planned.
Here is a semi-descent one with Blake.
I love this one!!!! Jack is happy as can be and Blake is not quite sure what is going on.
This is the best shot I could get of the two of them together. We will have to try again now that Garrett is back in town.
Then came Thursday. It was the four year anniversary of my mom's death. How it has been four years is beyond me. My mind still thinks that she is on vacation and will be back any day now. I sure wish that feeling would go away and I could just admit that she is gone. Hopefully one day...
Here are Mom and I at my wedding shower.

Jack's turn.

Blake wants back up for another turn.

When Dad and Margie babysat on Friday night they brought these goofy glasses. The boys think they are hysterical and so do we. Here is Blake showing off his new spectacles.

Jack is trying to get his on.

I love this picture of Jack as the drool is about to leave his lips. He is teething right now and the drool is overflowing!!

Handsome boys! They are really starting to look different. I get stopped almost every time we go out by someone asking me how far apart they are. Then they are shocked that they are twins. Blake is two pounds heavier but come on people. Really??? Wouldn't it be more of a shock to think that they are Irish twins vs. normal twins. I guess most people aren't reasonable thinkers like me. ;)
October 7 is also a good day. The boys, at just five day old embryos, were implanted in me. Of course I knew that I would be blessed with such wonderful babies since they were implanted on such a special day. These two major life events happening on the same day, two years apart, is just a testament to God's timing. He took a terrible day for me and turned it into something wonderful.

The boys and I met my dad and Margie at Bear Branch Park Thursday morning. My sweet friend, Chrystal, met us there as well and brought me Starbucks. The boys and I then went to take flowers out to the cemetery. Georgia and her girls then came over and brought us lunch that afternoon and spent the day hanging out. We met my dad and Margie again but this time for dinner. Then, Georgia and Mary came over to hang out and have a glass of wine. I was able to keep busy all day and I was never alone. I have the best friends in the world who take such great care of me!!

The boys and I met my dad and Margie at Bear Branch Park Thursday morning. My sweet friend, Chrystal, met us there as well and brought me Starbucks. The boys and I then went to take flowers out to the cemetery. Georgia and her girls then came over and brought us lunch that afternoon and spent the day hanging out. We met my dad and Margie again but this time for dinner. Then, Georgia and Mary came over to hang out and have a glass of wine. I was able to keep busy all day and I was never alone. I have the best friends in the world who take such great care of me!!
Friday, Garrett finally came home!! The boys and I were so excited to see him. We even got to go out on a date night and saw Life As We Know It. Very cute movie. Garrett was not such a fan but I really liked it.
Here is Blake reading his favorite book with his daddy.
Here is Blake reading his favorite book with his daddy.
Jack's turn.
Blake wants back up for another turn.
When Dad and Margie babysat on Friday night they brought these goofy glasses. The boys think they are hysterical and so do we. Here is Blake showing off his new spectacles.
Jack is trying to get his on.
I love this picture of Jack as the drool is about to leave his lips. He is teething right now and the drool is overflowing!!
Handsome boys! They are really starting to look different. I get stopped almost every time we go out by someone asking me how far apart they are. Then they are shocked that they are twins. Blake is two pounds heavier but come on people. Really??? Wouldn't it be more of a shock to think that they are Irish twins vs. normal twins. I guess most people aren't reasonable thinkers like me. ;)





2 comments:
I'd been thinking about you! I am glad to hear that Presley isn't the only one who likes to gag herself! Sounds like you've got your hands full ;) I know they've always been full, but I can only imagine what the next few years will entail with having two toddlers among you!!! :-)
wish we could've done more on thursday! so glad garrett is back in town for now!!
Post a Comment