I cannot believe that it has been 4 weeks since these precious boys came into our lives. Time really does fly. We went to the pediatrician on Thursday and got a GREAT report.
I asked my dad to go with us because our appointment was at 10 and the boys eat at 10:30. I got a little nervous to take them myself in case of hunger induced screams; I ended up being nervous about nothing. Both boys have grown to 20 inches now. That is up 2 inches for Blake and 1 inch for Jack since birth.
I was really shocked when I put them on the scale though. Let me remind you that just 16 days prior at our previous appt. Jack weighed 5 pounds 2.5 ounces and Blake weighed 5 pounds 2 ounces. Jack went first and he weighed in at 6 pounds 11 ounces. Then it was Blake's turn and he weighed 6 pounds 10.5 ounces. My dad, the accountant, promptly realized that each boy had gained 1.5 ounces a day for the last 16 days. Holy cow!!
They are only in the 5th and 6th percentiles for weight but they were happy that the boys were even on the charts. Seeing as how they are being compared to 4 week old full-term babies. She is expecting for this percentile to shoot straight up as the next few months come along.
The boys are officially out of preemie clothes and into newborn sizes. :( They are also now eating 4 ounces every 3 hours. I think some chubby babies will be here before we know it. :)
How to Prepare Your Kids for Roommates
5 hours ago





2 comments:
What a great mommy; you must be doing everything right for them to be growing like little weeds! I can't wait to see them again.
You are a great Mommy AND a busy one at that :-) Those boys are so lucky to have you as their momma...and those newborn pics could just melt your heart!!!! :-)
Post a Comment