I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. Time with these precious guys is just flying by!
When Blake and Jack were just 8 days old, we had a wonderful photographer come out to the house and take newborn pictures of the boys. We actually went outside to the garage where there was good lighting and lots of heat so the boys would stay asleep. We were dying in the near 100 degree heat, but it was perfect for the boys.
Let me explain the name of the post on the photographer's blog. It is titled "Love, Mimi". When the boys and I were still in the hospital, my mom's 3 best friends came to visit us. They arrived full of gifts and plants. I opened the gifts from them and then Mrs. Harn put a large gift bag on my lap. She told me that it wasn't from any of them. As I was opening it, I asked who it was from. She told me it was from my mom. I instantly burst into tears as did they. Inside the bag was a quilt my mom had made for her grand kids before she passed away. On a small square, she had written "Love, Mimi". Mom saw the quilt before she passed away and her friends have held onto it for the last almost 3 years. It was a complete surprise to me, I had no idea this quilt was in existence. So we wrapped the boys in the quilt for one of the pictures. Priceless!
Please go to www.kdloftisphotography.com/blog and check out the adorable pictures of my little angels. This is just a sneak peek, more to come later!
I will post some more recent pictures of the little guys soon, they have gotten so BIG! Both have lost their cords, and they are only waking up once at night! We are so lucky. We feed them at 10:30 or 11 at night and they wake up around 3:30. We feed them and then they don't wake up again until 7:30ish. So I am missing out on the sleep deprived nights of mothering newborns. Shucks!
I hope you enjoy the sneak peek!
How to Prepare Your Kids for Roommates
5 hours ago





3 comments:
Kim, I have to say, I think those pictures are WONDERFUL. They're very focused on the boys, and there aren't any distractions.
-Jen
Not only are the boys adorable, you look amazing!!! I don't know how you managed jeans 8 days after delivery! I can't wait to see those little angels again. :)
Amazing pictures...they are such angels!!!
Post a Comment