Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Really...already?!

Every time I want to sit down and write a new post, someone starts crying. Everyone is asleep now, so here we go.

Monday morning, after the boys ate and played, I put them down to take a nap. I have discovered that they love laying on their tummies. I know, I know you aren't suppose to do that, but I watch them carefully. So, they were on the floor sleeping and I was in the kitchen making 12 bottles (like I do every morning). Blake started fussing and I walked into the living room to see what was going on. Blake was laying on his side. Holy cow!! I grabbed the camera and took a picture. When I turned around to put the camera away, he rolled to his back! WHAT??!!! He is less than 6 weeks old and he rolled from his tummy to his back.

Now I know you are thinking that I have a genius child, as am I, but I'm afraid this was probably just a fluke. He hasn't done it again since. But I will continue to think he is a genius. :)

Another mind blowing tid bit. Yesterday I decided to see how much the boys weigh because they are getting SO big. I first got on the scale with Blake, then put him down and got on without him. The difference was 8 1/2 pounds! I did the same with Jack and the result was the same. I just don't know if I completely believe this because just 12 days prior they were 6 lbs. 10.5 oz and 6 lbs 11oz. Can they really grow this quickly? If so, we are going to have some chunky monkeys on our hands. But, I wouldn't have it any other way!
Below are pictures of the big roll over and just some random ones to see how they've grown and how handsome they are!
Mid roll.


Blake on his back and not happy about it.


Jack

Blake


Buster watching over Blake.



Jack

Blake


My 3 boys

Here they are just 6 weeks ago.

3 comments:

Mary said...

it's ok...he probably is a genius. my child has already been rolling over in my belly - AMAZING! :)

becca said...

I don't think it was a fluke...I think he is a genius just like his momma :-) I weighed Presley the same way right before we went to our dr. appt a few weeks ago and the scale proved to be accurate so I bet the boys have grown that much...they have definitely made up for lost time!Very Exciting...6 weeks is so fun because they start doing new things every day!! Can't wait for videos of them coohing and laughing and crawling, etc...Seems like you are doing great! Still don't know how you are doing it...you will always be superwoman in my mind!!!

Unknown said...

Bayley and I would love to come visit the boys! We have StrollerFit every day til 10:30, but maybe one day next week we can come visit in the afternoon? I'll give you a call!
Sarah and Bayley