Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Bed rest

Well, the one thing I was praying so hard wouldn't happen has in fact happened. I went for a normal check up yesterday and had an ultrasound. Now, not to get too graphic, they checked my cervical length. A normal length at this time in pregnancy is 3 1/2 inches, mine was a 1/2 inch. This means that there is 1/2 inch keeping these boys in. On a positive note, I am not dilated at all. So, after many tears and speaking with the doctor I am on very restricted bed rest. I have to stay completely horizontal and can get up only to use the restroom. I even have to eat horizontally. I have never had reflux but it has kicked in already...very miserable.

I allowed myself to have a pity party yesterday so I could get it all out of my system. I am much better now and just willing to do what I have to to get these boys to 34+ weeks. At least I will get tons of rest before I will get none.

So, if you ever get bored and would like to come on over and look at me lay horizontally come on over. I would love the company. My sweet husband is doing such a great job taking care of me and getting me all set up for his return to work on Monday. If you come over, just excuse my house, that will be the hardest part for me. Unable to get up and pick things up.

I am really bummed because I was going to make the boys some burp cloths, snuggie blankets, and hooded towels that I won't be able to do anymore. I know it isn't the end of the world, but those are all things I was looking forward to.

Please just say lots of prayers that everything will be okay and these boys will continue to cook for at least 5 more weeks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I will come see you soon! Can I bring Bayley? I'll call first!

Mama said...

I'm so sorry you're on bed rest now :( But this will insure that those boys are big and healthy and ready to make their entrance into the world! A subscription to Netflix might come in handy right now :)

parsonsfamily said...

thinking about you guys (all 4 of you) and praying for you too. We'll come see you this week!

The doTERRA Darling said...

praying for you all. do you like crosswords? sudoku? word search? I can bring some things by on Wednesday to help entertain!

The Welch Family said...

Just take care of yourself! And catch up on the soaps! We miss you at school. I will keep you in my prayers!