Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

30 week doctor's appt.

I went today for my 30 week appointment and to get my cervix checked yet again. Fortunately there has been no change so I have to continue being horizontal 24/7. I am so grateful that I can still be at home on bed rest and not at the hospital.

The boys are doing great and weigh 3.2 lbs. and 3.4 lbs. They are in the 50th percentile, which is great. It is usually about at this point where twins start to slow down their growth compared to singletons. My dad took me to the doctor today and got to see the ultrasound. He was really fascinated by it. A lot has changed since my mom was pregnant with me 27 years ago. The boys are moving like crazy and currently the way they are positioned, Blake is sitting on Jack's face. Lovely, I know. So we couldn't really see much of Jack's face today. We could see that both of them have quite a bit of hair. This is surprising to me because I was pretty much bald until age 2 and Garrett didn't have a lot of hair either.

I cannot thank all of my friends enough for taking such good care of me (and Garrett) during this time. My concern of not having any preemie clothes is now over, thanks to Kedra, Georgia and my mother in law. We are set now! We are also so grateful for all the wonderful meals we have received. They have all been delicious and Garrett is happy that he doesn't have to cook. :)

I have to especially thank my sweet husband. He has taken such great care of me and won't let me even roll over without freaking out. Every morning when I wake up and quickly make my way to the couch, my breakfast is always sitting on the coffee table waiting for me. He also makes me a sandwich every morning and puts it in a cooler with some fruit for lunch. He has set up everything I need within arm's reach. Thank you for everything Garrett, I love you!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Hang in there Kim!!! You're doing awesome!
Brandy

parsonsfamily said...

so good to hear! What a great husband....I'm so proud of both of you.