Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter...a week late

Since all three kids were sick over Easter, our holiday has stretched over a very long period of time. It is finally over and we are now moving on.
The Sunday before Easter our Sunday School class had a family egg hunt at a really great park. The kids had so much fun playing with all of their friends. I just don't know if I will get the courage to go back to this park any time soon since it was the evening following this hunt that the sickness invaded our home.
I am so in love with this picture of Jack (thank you Doylina)! The pure joy on his face when all the kids were told to go and find the hidden eggs. It doesn't get any better than this.
It took Blake a little longer to get warmed up, but he caught up in no time.

My handsome boys and all of their eggs.

Kate had a great time hanging out with Tami.

On a side note, look who loves her exersaucer!

The Easter bunny was so nice to come the morning after we spent some time in the ER with Jack. I think the bunny was quite tired, but he came through.

"Did the bunny hide eggs?" Why yes he did!

Jack didn't have much energy but he managed to find some eggs. He gave up rather quickly though which just broke my heart.

Blake was all well and full steam ahead!
We spent the rest of the day lounging around the house praying for everyone to get well. We did manage to get outside a few times throughout the day and enjoy the beautiful weather.

This past Saturday we went to my dad's house so the boys could see what the Easter bunny had brought to their house. We had yet another egg hunt. This one was so much fun though because everyone felt well and enjoyed themselves.
Blake decided that his basket was weighing him down, so he just ran and gathered as many eggs as he could.

Still hunting alongside Golfpa.

We then went inside and the boys went through all the loot they got. I love this picture of Blake. He was laughing at the little chicken that hopped along the table. It was the cutest thing!

We all went outside afterwards and enjoyed the overcast day. My dad's pool has a beach entrance that the boys started splashing around in and got soaked. So we stripped them down to their undies and let them play. I, of course, didn't take a suit because I thought the water would be way too cold to play in. I guess I was wrong. After a long time, Jack decided he was cold and wanted to go in. So I took off his undies and dried him off. He promptly said that he wanted to go back into the pool. Well if Jack was going to play naked so was Blake, so he very quickly stripped down.
They are going to kill me for posting these but I thought they were so cute! They loved playing with their new cars in the water.



We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

No comments: