Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The week from H-E-L-L

Last Sunday night, on April Fool's Day, around 11pm we heard crying coming from Blake's room. Garrett went upstairs and then hollered down to me to come and help him. Blake threw up all over himself and his bed. Garrett bathed Blakers and I changed his bed. Fifteen minutes later it happened again. So, I was up all night with him as he was vomiting every 20 minutes.

Monday afternoon I took him to the doctor, got him some Zofran and the throwing up stopped. Then the diarrhea kicked into full gear. Garrett made the comment Monday night that there was nothing worse than throw up. I called him Tuesday morning to inform him that he was wrong. There is something worse.

The doctor told me that this was not a 24 hour bug and it would last about 4 days. AND, just when you think he is all better, he will throw up again. Well, Dr. McKillip is our doctor for a reason, she was completely right! After Blake threw up on Thursday he was all better.

We thought we had dodged a bullet because as of Thursday no one else had gotten the bug. Bullet not dodged. Jack woke up around 8:15pm throwing up. We were, if nothing else, more prepared this time around. Sadly for Jack, he threw up for 43 hours straight. On Saturday night, the night before Easter, we ended up in the ER because we started to worry about dehydration. Once he got some Zofran he was better.

Here it is Tuesday, and he still has diarrhea and is very lethargic. He is taking two naps a day right now and still sleeping 12 hours at night. His poor little body is just so tired.

On Friday morning I went to get my sweet girl out of her crib and she was laying in throw up and had diarrhea that had exploded everywhere. My precious girl made no noises to indicate that she wasn't well. She has thrown up a couple of times and now has diarrhea too.

I am praying that all of this is over soon! We didn't get to properly celebrate Easter with our families. There were lots of birthday parties and Easter celebrations scheduled for this past weekend and we had to miss them all. I will say that my house is probably cleaner, in terms of germs, than it has ever been. I have Clorox wiped everything. Every toy, every door knob, everything that sits still. We need healthy kids pronto so we can get back to a normal life!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

ugh, such sad pictures! hope this next week is the week from...heaven? :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry!!! How horrible, praying! bless ur little hearts

~ Amy =)

Erica said...

What a week!!!