Today has been a lazy day as most Mondays tend to be. Instead of playing with the same old toys I decided to try something new. I was going to fill two containers full of dried goods. One with rice and one with pasta. I didn't have enough rice (thank goodness) so I just filled both with spiral pasta.
The boys did a great job keeping the pasta in the containers and not making a mess...initially. After about 30 minutes Jack decided it was fun to dump the pasta onto the floor. This, of course, drove me crazy. If it was an accident, no biggie, but when he did it on purpose he went straight to time out. I was thanking my lucky stars at this time for not putting rice in one of the containers.
This activity kept the boys busy for well over an hour, especially Blake. We will definitely be doing it again. Now I need to come up with other fun ideas since we will be stuck inside all summer due to the heat and me not being able to pick them up to run errands. :) I'm thinking shaving cream on cookie sheets but I'm afraid they may still be a little too young for that one.
Here they are right after I gave them their containers. They thought they were in heaven.
My little engineer was happy as a clam.
Jack loved filling up his Elmo container with the dried pasta.
For some reason this picture keeps posting this way. This is right after we started playing when Jack was still concerned with making sure the pasta stayed in the containers.





2 comments:
try bowls of ice and/or water on the back porch. i have a feeling you wouldn't allow that inside... :)
How about yogurt art? I think Matthew or Abby did that at pre-school. Like finger paint, only white. Yes, in swimsuits on the back patio. Then hose them off, strip them and put clothes on them. You can do it on cookie sheets, but I don't think it would burn their eyes like shaving cream...and they can eat it. They could decorate it with sprinkles, etc, too!
Post a Comment