Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

12 weeks and surgery

I cannot believe that my first trimester is already over! Time is really flying during this pregnancy. We got to see our little nugget on Wednesday for my 12 week ultrasound. We were hoping to be able to determine the sex but it was just too early. However, we are leaning towards a GIRL!!!! We could tell that Blake was a boy at 12 weeks without a shadow of doubt (Jack wasn't positioned correctly). So, this is making me believe even more that it is a girl. We shall see...

Yesterday I had a minor procedure done to stitch up my cervix. Since I was put on bed rest with the boys at 29 weeks due to my cervix dilating from the inside out, we thought this was a good thing to do as a precaution. Sadly, my doctor told me that I am no longer allowed to pick up anything heavy for the remainder of my pregnancy and he considers the boys heavy. I broke down a little bit after my surgery upon hearing this news and I am still really upset about it. But now Garrett and I are turning into brainstorming mode and trying to figure out how to get through life with two 2 year olds without picking them up. Lots of prayers please!!

Here I am during my 12th week. Below it is me with the boys. At this point there isn't much difference, but looking ahead to future pictures of me with the boys, I better not get that big again! :)





Here is our precious baby! Look at that adorable profile!


I love these 3D shots. The head is still alien-ish but this baby is just perfect in every way, boy or girl.


I have a follow up appointment with my doctor in two weeks where I get another ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. Hopefully we will be able to better tell if this nugget is a he or a she.

No comments: