Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Teeth??!!

Yesterday morning was just a normal day here at the Erbele house; then came nap time...

I was hoping that nap time would go better than it did last week. You see, last week the boys would sleep for about 30 minutes and then scream for the next hour they were in their cribs. Jack did this a couple of times and Blake pretty much did it all week. I would go in after every 5, 10, 15, 20 and then 30 minutes, trying to build up the time so he will learn to self-sooth. By the way, this is the worst part of motherhood. To just sit there and listen to your child cry is the WORST! But, I know I have to be strong now and I will thank myself later.

Ok, back to yesterday. I put the boys down and they were both wide awake. They laid in their cribs and played with their hands and then...silence! They both fell asleep without wailing! It was a miracle. Then, about 45 min. later Jack started screaming. No, not crying, but screaming. I would go in and try to calm him down but nothing was working too well. So, he had to just cry it out and he would sleep for about 5 minutes at a time. This was T.O.R.T.U.R.E.!!!

I was talking to Georgia about it and she asked if he was getting any teeth. "Oh Georgia, no not my 4 month old baby, you're crazy!" I did then proceed to feel his gums and I didn't feel anything. Nope, he's not crying because of teeth.

Then, Kedra came over for a while. I was telling her about Jack's episodes and she asked if he was getting any teeth. (Do you know what's coming?) "Oh Kedra, no not my 4 month old baby, you're crazy!!" She then proceeded to pick up Jack and stand by the back door so she had good lighting. Sure enough there in his gums was a tooth!! WHAT?! No, not my 4 month old baby, are you crazy? His little gum is white where the tooth is. I immediately called Garrett and had him stop at a drug store to get Baby Orajel. I then ran to get the Tylenol to give to my sweet, suffering baby.

No 'Mother of the Year' awards for this mom. I felt terrible! I'm glad that I now know what the problem is so I can do everything for this poor little guy to make him feel better. Now I'm saying lots of prayers that this pesky little tooth comes in sooner than later.

Oh, Blake has been sleeping like a champ during nap time. He is no longer waking up after 30 minutes!!

1 comment:

The doTERRA Darling said...

I am checking Paige's mouth tonight! Yesterday I was so thinking I was mother of the year, Paige sleeping great, had time to make lasagna from scratch, and then today she cried for an hour and 45 minutes one time, i got her up and fed her at four, and then for her next nap cried 45 minutes before Matt got home and I left the house!