I went for my 20 week appointment last Thursday and I was super nervous. I have been very disciplined with not lifting anything heavy but I was just nervous about my cervical length. Thankfully it was perfect and even longer than my last ultrasound at 15 weeks!
We were also given the exciting confirmation that our baby girl is in fact a baby GIRL!!! I know that we found this news out at 15 weeks, but having the definitive confirmation makes me feel so much better. Now I don't have to return all her new clothes and I have already ordered her bedding. Can you tell I'm a little antsy to get a baby girl in my arms?!
We got to see all 10 fingers and 10 toes. She has very long legs, a skinny little waist and those fingers and toes are quite long. Hopefully this means she didn't get the Blankenship booty. :) It also means that she got her namesake's fingers and toes, just like her Mama. I am feeling her kick quite a bit now and Garrett was so excited to finally feel her kick as well.
I love this little girl so much and can't wait to meet her in December. I know that her two big brothers will love and protect her so much. They are such sweet and caring little boys and already adore babies. Hopefully they won't be too helpful. :)
Here is a great profile shot with her right hand above her head. That is the umbilical cord next to her hand, she kept grabbing onto it.
In this shot she looks a lot like Jack. We have another shot where she looks like Blake, so I think she will be a perfect mixture of the two.
Garrett and I totally forgot to take a 20 picture of me, but let me assure you there is no doubting that I am pregnant.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 21 weeks, 5 days (I know, I'm a little behind)
Size of baby: 13 ounces
Total weight gain: 10 pounds
Maternity clothes: definitely in shorts and some shirts
Gender: it's a girl!!! Kathryn Kaye Erbele
Movement: lots, especially after meals and at night
What I miss: wine, margaritas, beer, sleeping on my stomach, picking up my boys
Cravings: anything sweet and queso (weird, I know)
Symptoms: I got swollen for the first time on Sunday. I was on my feet all day cleaning the new house though.
Best moment of the week: confirmation that we are having a girl, my princess!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment