We have moved into our new house and are finally feeling settled. Pictures to come, I promise!!
Along with the many transitions we are all experiencing, we decided to go ahead and move the boys into their big boy beds in their own rooms. This has been the easiest transition of them all. I still can't believe how easy it has been. We are very blessed.
**Warning: I am posting this for my own memory. It was a sweet moment between brothers that I don't want to forget. So sorry to be the sappy mom here. I observed all of this over the video monitor.**
Yesterday morning Jack woke up and went into Blake's room. Blake was also awake but still lying down. Jack walked into the room and immediately handed Blake his stuffed Mickey Mouse that had fallen on the floor and said, "Here's Mickey, Blake." Blake then said, "thank you, thank you, thank you Jack." (So sweet!!) Jack then proceeded to get a book and climb into Blake's bed with him. It was a large book and after getting under the covers he grabbed the book and hit himself in the nose. Jack started crying. Blake was just sitting there next to him looking like he didn't know what to do. Blake then kissed his hand and then touched Jack's nose. Jack immediately stopped crying and said, "all better!" Both boys then fell back onto the pillows with their knees up and books in hands. They each opened their books and at the exact same time looked at their pictures and said,'Whoooo!" They then proceeded to have their own little conversation and showed each other the books that they were 'reading'. It was the cutest and sweetest thing ever. I wish I had my cell phone handy so I could have recorded the video monitor. I just pray that they continue to always be this close and love being with each other.
On a not-so-sweet note, I was on the phone with Garrett yesterday afternoon thinking that the boys were upstairs playing. After getting off the phone I heard the pitter patter of little feet coming up behind me and I saw this.
That is Jack covered in lotion. They were in my room and found my lotion, climbed on the bed and started spreading all over themselves. Luckily I was washing sheets yesterday, so they didn't get it on my bedspread. I immediately walked into my room and found this.
Blake is completely covered with lotion, along with my alarm clock and bottle of water. ARGH!!! So, guess who got a bath at noon yesterday? Their hair still smelled like my lotion late this afternoon.
Today, the boys were a little off (which they have been ever since the move) and got super hyper this afternoon. I don't know what got into them but they were crazy. I walked out of my bedroom to find Blake looking like this
I just started cracking up and grabbed the camera. I don't know what made him do this. Jack felt like he needed to get in on the act as well...





1 comment:
That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I teared up!!!
Post a Comment