Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We are alive...

BARELY!!!!
I have been so busy lately that, sadly, this blog has been the last thing on my mind. Not to mention that many pictures haven't been taken or fun times been had.
The biggest thing on our agenda at the moment is packing. I am proud to report that most of it is done. We close on our new house on August 5th but won't move in until the 17th. Beginning on the 8th we are having floors ripped up, wood installed, painters, cleaners, etc. etc. coming to the house to get it ready for us to make it our home. We are so excited and so ready for it to be here.
The worst part will be moving away from the best neighbors we could have ever asked for. We have had the privilege of watching both Mason and Lauren come home from the hospital, we were Mason's first babysitters and we have had many, many hours of playing outside that will so badly be missed. I was devastated the other day when I realized that I won't get to see Mason off to his first day of kindergarten next month. Oh how I love the Browns. What a wonderful family and great friends. Even with our move, our friendship will never end.
Once we close on the new house, Garrett will start moving some things over like the garage and attic items. I will be focused on the kitchen. I want it totally done before the movers step foot in our house. It is the one room that takes the longest to get right (especially for those of us that are slightly OCD) so I want it done so I can focus my attention on everything else come moving day.
Here are some pictures of our study full of boxes. We are putting all packed boxes in there so the boys can't get to them. There are also some in our room.


Garrett had to give up his space in the garage so he could empty the attic. As you can see we have a huge attic at this house, not so much at the new one. Since we know that we are only having ONE baby this time, we will be giving our second set of everything to a very good family friend who will start watching her granddaughter in a couple of weeks. We are also going to go through all the baby toys and get rid of some.
For any of you with baby boys or expecting a boy or know someone who is expecting a boy: I have tons and tons of clothes that will not be making the move with us. I already have a friend going through them to get what she wants. Anyone who wants to come and get what they want is more than welcome. PLEASE!!! It breaks my heart to be getting rid of the boys' precious, tiny clothes already, but with Kathryn on the way we just don't have any reason to hold on to them.


Last week we took some time out to go and see the new Winnie-the-Pooh movie. I have always hated Winnie, but I really wanted to see this movie. Had there not been so many previews and a short little cartoon prior to the movie starting, the boys would have made it. However, since there was all of those 'time-wasters' we didn't quite finish the movie. I was getting way too stressed and the boys were getting too loud, so we excused ourselves. We won't be going back to the movies for a long while, especially not without Garrett.
Here we are at our first movie experience. My right leg is propped up holding down Jack's chair since he wasn't quite heavy enough. Blake had the right idea and sat on the front of the chair.

Jack was so happy to be there...at first.

Not a great picture of Blake. He wouldn't take his eyes off the screen long enough to have his picture taken. I just had to include this shot to document that he was actually there. :)

Last Friday we had to have a door repair man out (per the idiot inspector) to come and fix our door that we didn't know was 'malfunctioning.' The boys were mesmerized by this man and all of his power tools. They immediately ran to the playroom, got their tools and decided to help. It was really cute.


Yesterday we took another break and went swimming with Mary, Georgia and all the kiddos. Since Macie is obsessed with princesses, she declared that the boys were Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. Here is Jack with his 'crown' on and Macie's sunglasses. The look on his face is priceless.

Blake loved wearing Macie's glasses also. Even though they are purple, he looks pretty darn cute.
Finally, we actually remembered to take a picture during my 18th week. We totally forgot during week 16. I am now, of course, in week 19. Better late than never people. :) I go in next Thursday, the 4th, for my 20 week appointment. We should be able to get definite confirmation that our baby girl is in fact a girl.

Here I am at 18 weeks with the boys. I finally feel like I am not as big now as I was at the same point in my last pregnancy. Close, but I'm bigger below. Even if you disagree, please don't feel obligated to share that with me. :)

No comments: