Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First day of preschool

This morning was a big day at the Erbele house. The boys started school and I got some time to get some things done. It was a win-win situation. :) I was super sad to see them go to school because it is just more proof that they are growing up too fast. On the other hand, I was looking forward to running some errands and getting my house cleaned without two little helpers.


Garrett went into work late this morning so he could go with us for this big day. I was really worried about how the boys were going to behave. Since we are still going through some moving transitions (which have gotten better), I didn't want them to get in trouble at school. I was also worried about Blake because he cried last week at 'Meet the Teacher'. I was very thankful for Garrett to be going with us.


**Be prepared for lots of pictures, I couldn't narrow them down.


My handsome, BIG boys! When asked if they were excited about school, they kept telling me, "yes!" I was just keeping my fingers crossed that this attitude continued.


Jack


Blake


I am a very proud Momma!


Garrett is also so proud of his boys.


Ready to go with all of their gear.


Oh how I love them!!!


Garrett and I were cracking up once I attached their lunch kits to their backpacks because it made them so heavy. You can see Jack trying to get his balance. He kept falling backwards and falling down. As you can see, Blake is propped up against the door. We were rolling on the floor laughing. I then decided that they could carry their lunch kits and I would carry their nap mats. There is a ton of stuff to carry in with two kids when dropping them off all by myself, so they have to help me out.


Jack loved wearing his backpack and insisted on carrying everything at all times. All the other parents at school probably thought it was child abuse that this tiny, little boy was carrying all his stuff and I was walking next to him empty handed.


Blake was so over the heavy backpack.


My boys headed into the church/school.


Waiting to get into their classroom.


The boys are getting a pep talk from their Daddy on how much fun they were going to have and how they weren't going to cry.


"Enough with the pictures Mommy!!"


"Save me Mommy!!"


Blake's eyes started welling up but he never actually cried. After we left Garrett asked me if I had seen the tears rolling down his cheeks which I promptly responded with "NO!!!" I had just seen him tear up. Garrett kept telling him not to cry, and so he didn't. What a big boy!! However, I really wish Garrett hadn't told me that the tears were actually rolling down his cheeks.


Right after this, the boys ran into the room and started playing. All my fears were over nothing!! They did so great and got an excellent report from their teacher. I am grateful this day is over and that we made it through. Now we get to do it all over again on Thursday!

1 comment:

Mary said...

so cute! now you have me thinking i really do need to go get a cute outfit... :)

and if your boys almost fell over from all that stuff, jake is in trouble!!