Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Baby #3

I now see why I, as the second child, have far less pictures than my brother did. Here we are a week after my very first ultrasound and I am just now posting the picture. I guess chasing after two boys is a good excuse for not being on top of other things.

We went last Monday and got to see our newest addition. I asked if the lady was using her super-dooper powerful ultrasound machine to see if it was a girl, but sadly it was just the normal machine. :( How cool would it be if that kind of machine actually existed.

I digress. The heartbeat was 133 and the baby was about 10.5mm long. That is about 1 cm. So the fact that I told Garrett yesterday that I felt like I was starting to show is probably a result of the pizza we had last night.

Here is a picture of our little nugget. You may think that the round part is the baby, and you would be wrong. That is the yolk sack that is holding all the intestines that will be pushed into the baby as the umbilical cord and placenta are fully formed at 12 weeks. Anyone who says that God isn't amazing needs to experience the development of a fetus.

If you look closely (you may have to click on the image to see it better) there is a long skinny thing that has a dotted line across it, that would be the baby.

I am still taking estrogen pills and on my daily progesterone shots. Hopefully after my appointment next Monday the Dr. will take me off of all of those. The shots are really starting to bother me. Other than that and pure exhaustion, this has been a wonderful pregnancy so far!