Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Mother's day out

Today was Blake and Jack's first day of Mother's Day Out. I was super excited to have four hours to myself to get some errands run, however I was super sad that my boys were going to be gone.

Blake has never been too good with me leaving him in the nursery at church. He usually whines/cries and then is fine within a couple of minutes. Well last week, he clung onto me for dear life and screamed as the nursery worker pried him off of me. It was totally heartbreaking. I was scared to death that the same thing would happen today, and oh did it...only worse. When I set him down to take his coat off, he started running in the opposite direction of his class. Jack, on the other hand, walked right in and started playing immediately. I was trying to keep myself together as I literally pushed Blake into the room. I don't know what is going on with him lately, but I was hoping we were past this. I worried the entire time I was running errands and stopped myself from calling to check on him about 100 times.

Thankfully both boys got a great report and had a blast. There is nothing more heartwarming than seeing your little guys run up to you when they see you at the door. It is the best!!!!

I was able to snap a few shots of the boys before we left for school. Garrett and I were cracking up because their backpacks were so heavy that they kept falling backwards and having to readjust their balance. Jack stood against the wall for a while to keep himself up. :)


Here are my big boys ready for school.

So handsome and sooooo big!

I could just eat this kid up!

I think the backpack and lunch kit aged Jack by 3 years. Stay my baby Jack!!!

Blake's backpack is bigger than he is.
Both boys have new backpacks and lunch kits that they got for Christmas. Their names are monogrammed on both. So cute!

2 comments:

becca said...

ummm....okay that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!

The doTERRA Darling said...

glad their first day went well!!!