Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Milestone day/week

Today was a big day at the Erbele house. We are officially bottle and formula FREE!!! Yesterday I gave the boys their formula in a sippy cup so they would get use to using one. Then today, on our way home from Bible study at church, we stopped at HEB to get some whole milk. Neither boy drank a ton of it today but they didn't scream or throw their cups. I'm hoping after the next couple of days they will get better adjusted and actually drink their entire cup of milk.

We are also baby food free. I don't have to make any more!! This has been a fairly smooth transition. Blake will eat anything and everything, Jack will not. However, I refuse to raise a picky eater. So, as I said in my classroom, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I know this is awfully harsh to say to an 11 1/2 month old, but if he doesn't eat what I want him to and I fix him something new, then he will learn that he just has to cry to get the food he wants. If I leave the food on his tray long enough he will start to pick at it. As Garrett has said, he hasn't woken up in the middle of the night starving, so he is okay.

Here are the boys at HEB. This is actually the first time for the 3 of us to go to the store together. They did a good job and loved "driving" around the store. I, on the other hand, did not enjoy pushing that huge thing around. It was so hard to turn! I thought my bus of a stroller was rough, it is a synch to move around compared to this thing.

1 comment:

becca said...

i was wondering if you would be using that huge cart when I saw one at the store the other day...lol. Bless your heart! I mixed half formula and half milk for 3 days (even though they say not to do that), but it worked for us! Getting so close to their birthday!!!! Make sure to post LOTS of pics please!