Saturday afternoon we headed up to Lake Conroe to my dad's lake house to celebrate his birthday. He bought the house almost a year ago (right after the boys were born) and it has been a work in progress ever since. He has added a pool and done tons on renovations to the inside. So, this was the first time since last summer we have been up there. Now that the majority of the work is finished, we can't wait to pack up and spend weekends up there. It is so nice to have such a close 'vacation' home.
The boys went on their first boat ride on Saturday. I was nervous that they wouldn't be huge fans but they both fell asleep. I think the sound of the motor and the motion of going along the water just rocked them to sleep. We went back out on Sunday to go skiing and they did great then too. We also went swimming and the boys got dunked under the water for the first time. Jack wasn't a fan but Blake loved it. I'm hoping that Jack was just grumpy from a long weekend and not much sleep because no child of mine can have a fear of water. He loves his bath so I'm thinking he was just exhausted. I was a fish as a child and I want my kids to be the same way.
Before we went out to the boat we wanted to try the boys' life jackets on them. The have a strap on the top and my dad and Garrett thought it was funny to carry them by this strap.
Then they thought it would be hilarious to hang them on the hooks in the utility room.
"Pops this isn't as funny as you think it is!"
Poor little guys.
Jack is on the boat and ready to go!
Daddy and his boys. (Notice how thin Garrett's face is, he has lost 25 pounds over the last 2 months!)

Jack is just chillin' waiting to get out on the water.

"Let's go Daddy!"
Saturday morning we headed into the Heights for a first birthday party for Charlotte. Charlotte's mom, Ashley and I have been friends since elementary school. Charlotte was born just 2 days after the boys. Looks like the boys will be fighting over a girlfriend in the near future. There was a petting zoo at the party and the boys loved it! They had a great time and can't wait to see Charlotte again at their party on Saturday.
Poor horse, if Jack sees hair he is pulling it!











4 comments:
Ohmygosh, the picture of them hanging up is hysterical!!! Good for you for making them wear life jackets. Emma haaated hers as a baby but we never let her ride without it!
And I'm still laughing at the picture of Jack hanging on the hook...the expression on his face is hilllarious. Lol
I LOVE Jack's face hanging from that hook!! Make me laugh!
I love, love, love the picture of them hanging. Those are priceless!
And 25 pounds!!! Good grief am I jealous!
Post a Comment