Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

First Christmas

I can't believe that the boys' first Christmas has come and gone. We had a great couple of days with family. The boys got totally off of their schedules but were troopers. They even were perfect angels at the 11pm Christmas Eve service.

The boys were spoiled beyond belief, as were Garrett and I. We spent Christmas Eve with Garrett's family then headed to my Dad's on Christmas day after we opened gifts, just the 4 of us.

I got lots of great gifts, but the most special came from my mom. Yes, she has been gone for over 3 years now, but she had bought books for her future grandchildren that were to be given to them on their first Christmas. My dad had been holding onto them all these years. These books, along with the quilt she had made, is just a small insight to the amazing heart my mom had. She was always thinking of others and thinking ahead. As my Aunt Frances says, "how could anyone have not liked that lady?"

My other favorite gift was a ring for my right hand that has an emerald stone in it. The emerald is the birthstone of the boys.

Our home has also been inundated with toys. We still haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet. I think some will go up into the attic for a couple of months until we outgrow some of our other toys. I told Garrett we would outgrow our house quickly and I think I was right. I just want a home that has a game room!!!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas with your families as well!


Every year we have been in this house, Garrett has laid out a blanket on the floor and lit a fire in the fireplace for us to enjoy while opening presents. This year was no different. Here are the boys with their morning bottles in front of all of their presents.

Jack is ready to rip into his gifts.

Here they are on the wagon that Santa brought.



Jack resorted to gnawing the ribbons off.

Sweet Blake.

Blake was tuckered out after the gift opening extravaganza.

Ahh, my sweet boys playing nicely after opening gifts.

Here is Jack at my dad's in his "My First Christmas" hat that Mrs. Foley gave them.

Blake's hat was almost too small.

The boys playing at my dad's.

Blake and my goofy brother.

Jack and his look-alike.

The boys playing with the farm my dad gave them.

3 comments:

becca said...

Love getting those special gifts out of no where :-) These pictures are priceless!! They are so cute...and they already look more grown up then when I saw them :-( I think there is a huge change from 6-8 month!!!! Blessings to you and your family!

Liz said...

Sounds like they had a good 1st Christmas. You will grow out of your house quickly with 2 little ones. We are hoping to upgrade our house this Spring. A gameroom is a necessity for me too.

Mary said...

you got some great pictures! love the boys in the hats :)

and LOVE your mother! she is amazing. how special to get something like that. no telling what else is in store! :)