Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stockings

Before my brother and I were born my mom made us our "First Christmas" stockings. They were much smaller than our regular stockings (that she also made) but hung on our mantle every year. When I was pregnant I kept looking for stockings that I could make for my boys. I couldn't find any that I liked. When I was telling my mom's friend, Mrs. Sutton, she told me that she had a pattern from when her son was a baby. She sent me the pattern and I started making them about 2 months ago. I cross-stitched them and Mrs. Sutton was so kind to help turn them into stockings.

They are so cute and I am very proud of them. Now I am looking for large stockings to make in the coming year. I figure with a year timeline, surely I can get them finished.

Here is a close up of each stocking.



Here are all of our stockings hung by the chimney with care. Excuse the blue wall, it is definitely not that blue in real life. The flash made it much brighter.

The little Santa and Mrs. Claus were made by my grandmother. The base of them is an old Coke glass bottle. I think she made them in the 50's.

Here is our ginormous tree! I love it but it takes up a ton of space. There are lots of presents around it but you can't see them due to the expanse of this tree.
On a side note, Garrett was holding both boys tonight before their dinner and I looked over at them to find this.

Yes, Jack is sucking on Blake's head. Boy are they going to hate this picture later in life. :)

2 comments:

becca said...

Kim, you are so talented!!!!! Just like your mama! Such cute stockings!

Jessica said...

So cute! I'm impressed!