We have had a long week! Last Monday morning both boys woke up with green, snotty noses. They sounded horrible and we headed to the doctor. I assumed it was only a cold but I wanted their lungs to be checked, just to be safe, with all of the junk going around right now.
I was right, it was just a cold. The doctor said it would last about 2 weeks. Of course that evening the fevers came. Sweet Kedra came over around 6:30pm as both boys were screaming and Garrett was still at work. I knew that both didn't feel well but I couldn't comfort both at the same time. So Kedra came to help love on my boys. As we were feeding the boys she was telling me how that night would probably be rough since they were running fevers. She recommended we wake them up before we go to bed to give them more Tylenol. So, I was prepared for a long night.
Did I mention I have the best babies in the world? We went into their room at 10:30, before we went to bed, to give them Tylenol. I stuck the syringe in their mouth's and they both sucked it down without waking up!! They also slept through the entire night. They have slept through every night that they have had their colds.
As the week went on the boys seemed to be getting better but Garrett and I were getting worse. Then Saturday came. My sweet husband wakes up with the boys on Saturday mornings so I can get some extra sleep. Around 7:30 I awake to the most pathetic cry you have ever heard. It was extremely obvious that Jack had a horrible sore throat. You could hear how sore it was. He was crying as hard as he could but hardly any sound was coming out. He would also cough, and then just scream because it hurt him so badly. It was heartbreaking. After speaking with the on call nurse, she said there was nothing we could do that it was just part of having a cold.
Have I mentioned that we have the best kids in the world? Other than first thing in the morning, when your symptoms are always the worse, Jack was a happy baby all weekend. Once he was up for a little while and fed, he seemed back to normal. Aside from his horrendous cough.
All in all, it has been a long week but I can't complain too much. Looking at my boys you would never know anything was wrong. They have stayed on their schedules with eating and sleeping. Boy oh boy am I a lucky Mom!!!
Oh, say a quick prayer for Blake tomorrow. We go see the cranial surgeon to see if he needs a helmet.
How to Prepare Your Kids for Roommates
5 hours ago





2 comments:
It feels like forever since I saw you. Hope the guys are feeling better. Keep us posted on Blake. When you need to get out, let me know. I can always bring a friend to babysit with me:)
Oh, poor little boys! :-( It must be going around because Presley has had a cold for 12 days now and I'm just waiting for it to pass! :-/ She never had a fever or cough though. I'm so glad you have such wonderful friends to help you out...oh, and such good babies :-) They must get their perfection from their mommy!! Hee-Hee! Keep us updated and hope your boys are feeling better soon!!
Post a Comment