Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And the doctor said...

Blake doesn't need a helmet!!! Ok, I know I'm one week late reporting this great news, but we have been busy around here. Blake's head is perfectly symmetrical, therefore a helmet isn't necessary. If he had a flat spot on one side that was worse than the other then he would need one. But, since the entire back of his head is just one large flat spot, he is fine. His head is actually looking a lot better since I have been napping him on his tummy and he is spending a lot more time on his tummy or in his exersaucer and jumperoo. We go back in 2 months for a follow up appointment. The doctor said that if we, at that time, don't like the shape of his head he will put him in a helmet. When Garrett found out that the helmet is $4,000 he decided that he loved the shape of Blake's head. :) If he medically needed one, it would be covered by insurance, but if we want him to have one for cosmetic reasons, it is all on us. Blake's head is beautifully shaped if you ask us.

I had some really cute pictures from the last couple of weeks but Garrett emptied the camera and put the pictures on his computer. When he gets home from work I will have to get them off his computer.

No comments: