Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas extravaganza!

The Erbele family had a wonderful and crazy Christmas. The boys started getting sick early in the week so we headed to the doctor's office. Thankfully no one had RSV just bad colds and wheezing. So, let the breathing treatments begin.

This is how our Christmas began.

We went to Garrett's folks on Christmas Eve. We always go over there for lunch and then open presents. This gives us the opportunity to go to church that evening. Sadly, the doctor said we couldn't go to church because the boys were contagious. It didn't seem like Christmas since we missed church.

Here is Garrett's family. Blake and Jack are sitting against the back right-hand wall. This side of the family is growing like crazy. We are up to 8 grand kids now.

The 'opening presents' craziness is about to happen. At the Erbele house there is no structure, it is every man for himself. This screws with my OCD just a little bit, but the kids have a blast. The Skeltons open presents a little differently, more on that to come.


The boys each got one of these power wheels. I was a little nervous about them at first, but they don't go very fast and the button has to be pressed for it to move. As soon as the button is released it stops.

Blake had a blast climbing in the chairs.

Jack and his cousin, Connor, playing with their new wheels. They are just shy of 4 weeks apart.
We got home and started getting ready for Santa's arrival. I went ahead and separated out all the presents so Santa would know where to put the stockings for each boy. I think we may have gone a little overboard, but I come by it naturally. Again, just wait for the Skelton Christmas pics.



Santa brought this really cool tool bench.

The boys loved this tool bench and the new train table.

Jack is going to be handy just like his Daddy.

Blake loves playing with his trains.

The train table was actually a gift from our neighbor Mason. He is five and told his mom that he was ready for Blake and Jack to have his table (that kid just melts my heart). Mason was hoping that Santa would bring him a new remote-controlled race track and no longer had room for the train table. Santa didn't disappoint Mason and now my boys are super excited to get his old table!! Thank you Mason!!!!

After opening presents at our house, we headed to my dad's house. We played for a little while and then put the boys down for a nap. This allowed the adults to eat lunch and open our presents. When the boys woke up they got to open their presents.

Pops and Margie got them this rocking horse. They loved it!!

Blake insisted on riding the horse with the Grinch.

Jack loved playing with my dad's dog, Rooney, and my brother's dog, Zoe.

Ok, a Skelton Christmas has always been way overdone. This is why I have overdone it for my boys. I come by it honestly. When my brother and I were kids my mom didn't even put name tags of our packages in fear of us peaking, she just numbered them. She then had a list of what each gift was. Well, even though my wonderful mother is no longer here, the tradition continues. The packages do have our names on them at this point but they are still numbered. This allows the the camera to be opened before the camera bag, if you catch my drift. However, it takes forever to open presents because we have to tell my dad the number on our gift and get it "apporoved" before opening it. We also open them one at a time so we can see what everyone else gets.

This is just the pile for Garrett and I.

Here is the list of gifts. My dad then crossed each one off with a pen as we opened it. Now you see where I may get my OCD. Just think, I had a mother like this too, so I got a double dose of it. :)

Finally a picture of one of the boys opening a present. It is the one and only. I guess I was too busy helping out.

Blake LOVED his new phone from Uncle Brian.

Blake's new dog Pillow Pet had a ribbon around his neck. Blake untied it and walked it around. It was so cute.

The boys also got a teeter-totter. They love rocking on it together. I was so happy to get a toy that they have to play on together. They are becoming best buds!
After my dad's we all headed to our family friend's, the Bullard's. They are like a second family to us and it wouldn't be Christmas without seeing them.
All in all we had a great Christmas but I can't believe it is over!! I hope everyone had just as great of a Christmas with your families as well!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

OMG KIM. Blake and Jack alone had more gifts than were under our entire Christmas tree!!!! :)