Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A lake and a snake

This past weekend we headed up to Lake Conroe with friends. My in-laws were nice enough to keep the boys for the entire weekend. It was great to just be an adult for a few days but I did miss those handsome boys like crazy. I found the closer we got to Garrett's folk's house on Sunday the more excited and anxious I was getting to see them.

I got up to the lake on Friday morning first, put away all the groceries for the weekend, made myself a chilled beverage and headed out to the pool. I got to lay out and read for a couple of hours before our first guests arrived. The guys played golf and the girls layed out the majority of Friday.

After the babies that were there went to bed on Friday evening, the girls all poured a cocktail and headed out to the pool. Georgia was the first one out the door, screamed and then slammed the door shut. The reason being is because this was sitting right outside the back door on the patio.

Yes, that is a HUGE snake lounging on the patio and napping in Jake's pool float. I am standing in the living room taking this picture. Melissa is practically in tears and I think Seth had to go change his pants. Apparently neither one of these two are fans of snakes...really though, who is?!
Garrett was no where to be found because he was already headed to the garage to get a tool to move and kill the snake. Let me point out that he did not put on any shoes and I was freakin' out that the snake would bite his toes. Here are Garrett and Sam, being the manly men they are, and killing the snake.

Garrett is headed over to the lake to give the snake a burial at sea.

Late Saturday morning the neighbor's kids were outside in their yard and Andy heard them talking about a snake in the water. We thought the snake would sink and the fish would eat it, we were wrong. The snake was floating towards the neighbors boat house. So Garrett fished it out of the water and we were able to look at it closer.

We also measured it and it was 6 feet long! My skin crawls just thinking about this snake. YUCK!!

We did manage to take the boat out on Saturday and I had some fun on the tube. I will say that I jumped off the boat onto the tube and instead of flipping off of it I motioned for Garrett to stop the boat and then he pulled me in. I hadn't quite gotten the image of the snake out of my head and couldn't bring myself to swim with any friends he may have.
Thanks Sam for getting these cool pictures.

Garrett was doing a great job of driving the boat and tossing and turning me all over the place.

I am still sore!

All in all we had a great weekend and are so thankful for the wonderful friends we have to share in weekends like this one!

2 comments:

Mary said...

KIM. I had no idea y'all got the snake back out of the water! Gross! Poor pool float.

And you were right...Seth was changing his pants.

p.s. I can't believe the ticker at the top of your blog is already counting down to "2"???!

Unknown said...

Love the shot of you with your legs up in the air! Funny! I love tubing, but it's a workout!