Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

A looong week!

I have been going to a Bible study every Tuesday morning at church. I take the boys with me and they go to the nursery. Aside from Blake crying when I drop them off, they love it there. I don't know what is worse, Blake crying for me or Jack reaching out for the ladies with this look on his face like "here I am ladies, see ya Mom!" As long as they are happy, I am happy.

I digress.

Last Tuesday when we got home around noon, I gave the boys their bottles and then put them in their highchairs for lunch. After feeding them, Blake threw up everything. He proceeded to throw up 3 more times that day. Of course, Garrett was out of town. I was quite confused because he had no fever and acted like he felt great. After throwing up again on Wednesday, I realized that he was coughing every time before getting sick. Turns out it was all the drainage that was making him get sick. After Jack did the same thing on Thursday, I called the doctor. They said that there is a bug going around but it sounds like it is being caused by congestion. AHHH!!! I know this sounds terrible, but I almost wanted them to have a 24 hour bug so I knew to expect them getting sick; instead it was completely random and took me by surprise. I have cleaned up throw up every day since Tuesday, except for today. I sure hope I don't jinx it!

Other than doing laundry constantly, we have had a good week. The boys have been happy and changing every day. Here are a few pictures of what they have been up to.

Jack discovered my drawer where I keep my cake pans. He likes to bang them on the tile to make as much noise as possible.

The boys love standing at their toy box and digging around for their favorites.

Can you see the nasty welt Jack got on his head? He fell against the knob on a drawer on our coffee table. OUCH!

Blake has the best smile and the cutest dimples.

Garrett and I both enjoy watching the Masters tournament, apparently Jack did too.

Both boys have realized that round toys roll really well on the tile, they love to push them and then chase them.



We are guilty of still bathing our boys in the sink. It is easier on our backs and one can stay in his high chair while we bathe the other. I was having a hard time working out the logistics of bathing them both in the tub so that one wasn't sitting in water while I was getting the other out of his high chair or out of the tub to get him dressed. Also, every time we put them in the tub, they both screamed bloody murder. Finally, we have happy babies in the tub. They have discovered that they can splash in there even more than in the sink. They also discovered bath toys. I don't think we will be going back to the sink any time soon!




1 comment:

Mary said...

they look so cute in the bath...blake is much happier now!

i hate throw up! i don't know how you cleaned it up x 2. you deserve an award!