Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Long few days

Last Friday was just a typical day around the Erbele house. It was 'cleaning house' day and then just another lazy day around here.

Fast forward to about 9:00pm Friday night. Garrett and I are watching the VERY boring opening ceremonies of the Olympics and my stomach starts to rumble. "Hmm," I think, "that is odd." Fast forward 2 seconds later as I'm running to the bathroom. Yes, I had the stomach bug. Friday into Saturday was a long and awful night.

Luckily, I have the best husband in the world who got up with the kids and took care of them (and me) all day. I think I woke up around 9:00, came into the den and watched the boys play before their nap, and then I was asleep again around 10:30. I definitely slept more on Saturday than I was awake but at least the vomiting was over.

I was so bummed because our annual Valentine's dinner with our good friends was Saturday night and I was going to have to miss out. This is always a fun night where the guys cook the gals dinner and the gals are in charge of dessert, which always seems to be fondue. I wasn't willing to risk getting everyone else sick so we stayed home. Around 8:30 I made Garrett go and hang out with our friends at Matt and Georgia's. If I couldn't have fun it didn't mean he couldn't.

By Sunday afternoon I was finally feeling a little better. Enter Sunday night. Garrett gets sick.

Then, before heading to bed, I went to check on the boys as I always do and Blake was sleeping in a huge amount of vomit. Sweet baby. He never cried or anything so we had no way of knowing he had thrown up. We got him up, bathed and sheets changed (Garrett is getting sick during all of this as well) and put Blake back in bed where he puked again. So, he slept in the pack n' play in our room so we could hear him. Sweet boy would fuss while he was getting sick, Garrett would hold him up so he was sitting, I would hold the bowl under his chin and then he would just lay right back down and go to sleep. The last time he got sick was 2:30am. We thought we were in the clear. He wanted his bottle at 7:30, slept great during his nap, ate his lunch bottle and then I put him in his high chair. He proceeded to puke again. AHHH!!! This is when I thought I was going to loose my mind and kept saying "I just want my mom!"

Luckily by Tuesday morning everyone was healthy and happy. Jack never got sick and we are keeping our fingers crossed that he won't. But, if he does, hopefully he will be as good of a patient as his brother.

We survived our first family stomach bug!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Glad you're all doing better. There must have been something going around. It made it all the way to San Antonio.

Marti Kubena said...

I know it's not really funny but you had me laughing about finding Blake in a bed full of vomit! I've been there so many times. Anabelle can't drink regular milk and I can't tell you how many times I found her in bed sleeping in puke after she got into yogurt or cheese without us knowing. Glad you're all better!