Garrett has been working from home since about a week and a half before Christmas. His company decided to close their Houston office and Garrett was one of three who was able to keep his job. We are SO grateful!
To be honest, I was very worried about this new situation we found ourselves in. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband but we weren't used to being together all day every day. We worked out the kinks in the first couple of weeks and it has been great!
The boys love having Garrett home. They worship the ground he walks on and just light up when he walks into the room. They are also able to see Garrett a lot more than before.
I love it because I get to see Garrett more and just pop into the office and talk to him for a few minutes every now and then. I also LOVE him being home because I can put the boys down for their naps, take the monitor into the office, and I am off. I've made doctors' appointments during nap time and run tons of errands. It has been great! The lack of laundry and ironing has been a major bonus too! T-shirts and Nike pants don't need a lot of maintenance.
Now that Jack is crawling everywhere, he has come to realize that Garrett spends his days in the office in the front of the house. He will crawl that direction, pull himself up and bang on the windows all with a huge smile on his face. It is too cute! Then of course he cries as I get him and bring him back into the den.
Sometimes change is a good thing. In this case it has been great!





No comments:
Post a Comment