Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

One month

How is my precious little girl already one month old? I know that time flies during the holidays but this is ridiculous!

Kate,
You are just the most precious little girl. You are so good and only get upset if you are hungry or dirty. You are already a great sleeper and Mommy (or Daddy) is only getting up once in the middle of the night. Our schedule has been consistent for the last week and our days start with your first feeding at 7:30am. You are eating 4 1/2 ounces every 3 hours. Your final feed of the night is at 10:30 and then you are up again between 3 and 4am. I am so thrilled that you took after your brothers in terms of your sleeping habits.

Speaking of your brothers, they still adore you! I can't wait until you start smiling and laughing at them. You will be constantly entertained. They talk about you all the time and make sure that everyone knows where you are. They announce your arrival everywhere we go. Today, when I picked the boys up from school, I left you in the car with Aunt Lynda. The boys were not happy that I didn't have you with me and they were very concerned about you. It was the fastest we got to the car so they could check on you.

At one month you are 8 pounds, 9 ounces. This is 2 pounds, 3 ounces heavier than you were at birth. You are also 21 inches long, 2 inches longer than at birth. So, you are growing perfectly. I'm afraid you may end up a chunk like your mommy was, thunder thighs and all. But, I will take them!!!




Kate, we love you so much and feel as though our family is complete now that you are here. We can't wait to see how you grow and change in the next month, just don't grow up too fast!

No comments: