WE ARE FREE!!!! Pacifier free that is. It took about 3 1/2 days of total torture but my boys are now sleeping paci free. I guess I had forgotten sleep training the boys and the nightmare that it was having to hear my babies cry; but I really think that this was worse. Maybe it was because the boys are older now and I feel like they will remember the torture I put them through (even though I know they won't).
Every time I put them down for a nap or bed they look at the shelf in their room where we keep pacis and ask for them. I tell them that it went bye-bye and it is all gone and they are fine with that...now. They weren't fine with that answer this time last week. I didn't think we would make it but we have and I am so happy to have it behind us.
When we dropped the boys off at the nursery I told the ladies that we were paci free and the boys didn't have one in their bag. The look on the lady's face was priceless, she looked like a deer in the headlights. She then said, "Not even for Blake?" I told her no and said that he should be just fine and that I packed his lovie. When we went to pick them up ,we got a perfect report. PHEW!!
So, to all you moms out there wanting to get rid of your kiddo's paci, just do it!! I'm not going to lie, it could be awful for the first few days but then, I promise, it will get better!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You are motivating me to just do it. I just dread those first 3 days...
Post a Comment