We have all been doing really well over the last month. We celebrated Garrett's 30th birthday on 11/11/11 and had a party with all of our friends. I am not posting pictures to protect the
We had our family over for Thanksgiving again this year. I was looking forward to it and excited to host until that morning. I was SO tired. I regretted my decision to do it but everything turned out great and I think a good time was had by all. A quick word of advise, don't host Thanksgiving while 37 weeks pregnant.
I am now into my 38th week and counting down the days. Just 8 more to go!!! Since I am such a planner and maybe a little OCD, I really don't want Kate to make her appearance any earlier than her scheduled 12/12/11 birthday. I had an ultrasound last week and she is perfect and looking a lot like Blake. Her cheeks are so chubby and I can't wait to squeeze and kiss them. Her bag is packed for the hospital, mine is semi-packed but I have done nothing to get the boys ready to be at their Grandparents' house. I am not planning on doing that until one week from today, so she really needs to marinade for just 7 more days.
Blake and Jack are doing so great! They are growing like weeds. Oh, did I mention that they are potty trained!!!! I haven't jumped this hurdle sooner due to my own laziness but about a month or so ago I decided to give it a go and they have done great!!! They are still wearing diapers during nap and night time (one hurdle at a time) but in 'big boy' underwear during the days. Of course, we still have accidents, but all in all doing really well with it. They are such boys because I don't have to offer them a bribe to pee or poop in the toilet, their reward is flushing the toilet. However, they are rewarded for having dry underwear. This was initiated to help prevent accidents.
The boys have been obsessed with cars/trucks/trains/anything with wheels for quite some time now. And, they have liked pushing cars for a while as well. However, this 'liking' of pushing cars has turned into a true obsession. They wake up saying "push cars Mommy," they sit down to eat saying "push cars Mommy," they go to bed saying "push cars Mommy." I think you get the point. Over the last couple of weeks I have had the boys go upstairs to push cars or just play while I stay downstairs. I am trying to ween us from having to play together at all times since Miss Kate will take some of my attention. The boys have done great since apparently pushing cars really only is a two man game. I am having a harder time than them. I just want to go and play with them and soak up the time of it just being us. Needless to say, I don't stay downstairs for too long. However, one day I walked upstairs to play with them and I found this:
Yes, that is Kate's bed. Yes, that is just about every car we own. They thought it would be fun to push cars in Kate's room. After running downstairs to get the camera, I explained that this was not a good idea and we don't play in Kate's bed.
Here is a typical game of pushing cars, sitting on the treadmill or anywhere else in the playroom. The cars start next to one of the boys, they push them to their brother who piles them all up before pushing them back. They say "set, go!" before every car is pushed. It really is so cute. They have even started using their toy barn as part of the game. They open the barn doors and push the cars through the barn. I love listening to their converstions with each other while they play together. They are very sweet to each other (most of the time) and love being together.
All in all everyone is doing great. The house is decorated and all the presents are under the tree. Here are the boys before church last Sunday. They are just getting more and more handsome if I do say so myself.
In preparation for Kate, we have gotten out our swing, bouncy seat and elevated seat. The boys have loved having them out and think it is fun to sit in them. It just makes me so sad to see how big they are now compared to how they looked in them 2 1/2 years ago.
We are all awaiting Kate's arrival and then a visit from Santa Claus. This will be a busy, exciting and blessed month.





1 comment:
i laughed out loud at that last picture!!!! remember when they were so little, they had to have blankets on all sides. that makes them look way too big :(
Post a Comment